In the past two years, Ana Brandt has been named:
– One of the top 5 Photographers in Orange County Fall 2016
– Readers Choice for Parenting Magazine in Orange County Fall 2016
– One of the 50 best photographers of family in the United States.
– One of the 10 best Maternity photographers in the world.
– One of the 10 best photographers in California.
– One of the 50 most inspiring photographers.
-Voted one of California’s Top Newborn Photographers of 2016 by Photography Magazine.
-Began the Maternity Gown Design Revolution by being the first photographer to design maternity gowns specifically for pregnancy sessions. Her first designs were created almost ten years ago. Today her gowns are sold worldwide at www.shoptaopan.com and dozens of companies have been created designing maturity gowns for Photographers.
Ana has taught in Australia, Brazil, Italy, France, Japan, Peru and Spain. She will be traveling to Mexico, Argentina, U.K. Ireland and is working on India and South Africa. Ana regularly travels with her family so she can show her kids the world.
- September – Ana is Readers Choice for Parenting Magazine for Photography
- September – Ana is chosen by CBS as one of the top 5 Photographers in Orange County
- July – Ana is published in a Japanese Magazine
- July – Ana is published in Rangefinder Magazine –On Posing + Prepping – Unwrapping some newborn knowledge
- June – Ana’s work is published in a Chinese Magazine.
- June – Ana’s work is on the front cover of Shutter Magazine. Her feature on photographing newborns for the first 28 days is featured inside.
- May – Ana teaches in South Dakota at the PPA Affiliate, and then heads to NYC for her Spring two day workshop.
- April – Ana taught in Brazil – she provided a 2 day workshop and taught Pregnancy on stage to over 600 photographers.
- March/April – Ana taught a two day pregnancy and newborn workshop in Tokyo Japan.
- March – Ana Brandt taught two Pregnancy and Newborn Shoot Out classes at WPPI and spoke a Platform Program titled “The Art and Business of Pregnancy and Newborn Imagery”
- February – Photography Magazine Article
- February – Ana received a Print Merit for her Image at her local PPA Affiliate
- February – Ana spoke in South Carolina at the PPA Affiliate
- February – Animoto, WHCC and Triple Scoop Music all signed on to Sponsor Ana and her workshops
- January – Ana received her Craftsman Degree from PPA (Professional Photographers of America)
Born and raised in New York, Ana came to California in 1999 after marrying her husband Geoff. 17 years and 3 kids later, Ana has built a successful photography studio with over 4500 clients. With her proximity to Hollywood, Ana can count a few of those clients to be celebrities as well. Fans of her work from all over Southern California book sessions at the Studio for her unique pregnancy and newborn images. They continue to return year after year, with new arrivals and growing families. A true trailblazer in her field, Ana’s business continues to grow as she expands her creative talents. Ana is also on her 5th year as the photographer for 11 cover issues a year with Parenting OC Magazine.
9 years ago Ana began designing a line of diaper covers to use for newborn sessions. Following diaper covers, began a line of gowns for her maternity sessions. Now with over 100 items in her collection, Ana works with local seamstresses and knitters to bring these gorgeous designs to life. She has been selling this collection on a related website to photographers all over the world who specialize in maternity and newborn. Ana’s entire collection is also available to her clients for maternity and newborn sessions. In 2013, Ana brought her knit collection and love for all things maternity-newborn to a new retail storefront, called Belly Baby Love: The Boutique. The store is now open, and sits next door to her studio in Tustin.
It is not uncommon for Ana to spend 2 hours in a newborn session, counseling the nursing Mom and explaining sleep patterns to tired new Dads. Over the years, many have called the studio for advice even after they’ve talked to their Pediatrician. Ana knows that it’s about more than f-stops and shutter speeds when working with pregnant woman and new babies.
She runs her studio in Old Town Tustin and has her work at several local OBGYN displays and related stores and businesses. To view her work for children, families, celebrities and commercial you can visit her main site – www.anabrandt.com.
Ana’s newborn photos of Bear Blu are in Alicia Silverstones new book: The Kind Mama
Ana has partnered with Dream Team Doulas –
please follow their website for more information about their pre – and post-partum services.
“Ana Brandt you are an inspirational woman! I love watching my newsfeed pop up with your beautiful images amongst the women you have taught and inspired. It’s lovely to see how you love and capture the beauty of life from pregnancy to seeing the sweet little angels. You never know what one person does for someone else. You have brought a smile to me and inspiration when I needed it tonight. Xoxo. Debbie H.”